Exciting Opportunity To Work As A State Transportation Improvment Fund Coordinator!
The Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund (STIF) Transit Coordinator will be a contracted professional position paid through a professional services contract between Umatilla County and Eastern Oregon Business Source.
This position is part-time and has room for advancement. Coordinator will be responsible for preparing technical reports and issuing calls-for-proposals, assisting in the development of prioritization criteria, and conducting engaging public community involvement, and grant writing.
Ideal candidate will be familiar with Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Rules and knowledgeable on issues related to public transit and state and federal requirements. Must have a valid driver’s license and be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings. Candidate must have an ability to keep accurate records, prepare reports, and speak in front of a group of people.
Best candidate will be able to work independently and I highly motivated to learn and grow professionally.
POSITION: STIF Transit Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: The Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund (STIF) Transit Coordinator role is a contracted professional service paid for under a professional services contract between Umatilla County and Eastern Oregon Business Source. The deliverables involve duties required to administer the County’s STIF program. Eastern Oregon Business Source will hire and manage the Umatilla County STIF Advisory Committee and will be responsible for preparing and implementing the STIF Transit Plan for Umatilla County. The contractor will assist STIF sub-recipients in project requests, coordinating follow-up, developing the County STIF Plan, conducting monitoring and reporting on awarded projects, and will serve as County staff support in the recruiting, training, and reporting of the STIF Advisory Committee. This coordinator is a position reporting to Susan Bower, who will serve as Project Manager and is the owner of Eastern Oregon Business Source for the remaining 2018/2019 calendar year (or fiscal year)?
Specific DUTIES Of The Coordinator:
- Assist sub-recipients in coordinating with neighboring STIF Advisory Committees for projects that cross jurisdictional boundaries
- Responsible for staffing Umatilla County STIF Advisory Committee, including meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and press releases
- Assist Umatilla County STIF Advisory Committee and Board of Commissioners in recruiting, appointing, and training committee members
- Responsible for giving quarterly reports to Board of Commissioners and Oregon Department of Transportation on projects approved for inclusion into the STIF Plan
- Responsible for issuing calls-for-proposals for biennial STIF projects
- Assist STIF Committee in developing prioritization criteria for STIF project recommendations
- Present recommendations of STIF Advisory Committee to Board of Commissioners biennially
- Coordinate submittal of County-approved plans for STIF Formula and STIF Discretionary Funds
- Conduct effective public engagement process
DESIRABLE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Of Coordinator Role:
- Familiarity with Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Rules
- Knowledgeable on issues related to public transit, ODOT, FTA and other local guidelines and rules
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and access to an automobile on a regular basis
- Ability to speak and write effectively and feel comfortable giving reports, advice and counsel to local government
- Available to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with transit providers and local and state governments
- Familiarity with the population and communities being served by transit
- Ability to keep accurate records, facilitate meetings, and prepare reports