A strategic plan is a map for accomplishing your organization’s goals. It is an essential guiding document outlining what you plan to do, how you plan to do it, and how you will know you succeeded.
Are you unsure about whether you need one? Here are 5 ways a strategic plan will benefit your organization.
- A strategic plan guides your organization on a clear path towards accomplishing its goals.
- A strategic plan captures the important details about your organization, making them easy to communicate to others.
- A strategic plan defines success for your organization so that you can track your progress towards achieving it.
- A strategic plan empowers your organization to anticipate problems and develop proactive solutions.
- A strategic plan uncovers your organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and sparks ideas on how to maximize both.
To find out more about the process and how to get started, check out these great resources from the Nonprofit Association of Oregon (for nonprofits) or contact your local Small Business Development Center (for businesses). EOBS can help too! Ask us about strategic planning consultation and implementation.